- 6 oz broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (approx 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup quality olive oil
- 1 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp dijon mustard, extra to taste
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F
- Drain the chickpeas in a colander or sieve and rinse well.
- Pat the chickpeas dry with paper towels. The drier the chickpeas are, the crispier they’ll get.
- Place chickpeas on one half of your baking sheet with the broccoli on the other. Make sure chickpeas and broccoli are spread out and not on top of each other.
- Roast on the center rack for 20-25 minutes until crispy on the outside and soft in the middle.
- While still hot from the oven, cover chickpeas with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and mix
- Mix all ingredients together listed in the lemon dressing
- Coat arugala with lemon dressing and top with broccoli and checkpeas