- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground Pork
- 1/2 cup diced onion (about 1/2 medium sized onion)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1-32. oz. box of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 9-ounce package refrigerated tortellini (pesto tortellini is my fav)
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil + diced onion. Saute until onions are translucent
- Add ground pork and garlic to the onion. Cook until pork is no longer pink constantly mixing and breaking pork with a spatula
- Add crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, basil, salt and pepper and stir. Bring soup to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Add tortellini and spinach and cook for another ten minutes, until pasta is cooked.
- Serve with shredded Parmesan.