Recipe via mind over batter!
- Strawberries – 1 ¼ pound, washed and hulled
- Water – 2 cups
- Granulated sugar – 1 ½ + ¼ cups
- Pink Moscato wine – 2 ¼ cups
- Ice pop pouches (I used Zipzicle pouches) – 12 – 14
- Add the strawberries and water to a blender. Puree on high until smooth. In a medium saucepan, add the strawberry puree and 1 ½ cups of sugar. Stir to combine and taste. If you dig a sweeter ice pop, add the additional ¼ cup of sugar.
- Turn heat to medium/high and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the sugar has completely dissolved and the mixture has taken a slight syrupy texture, about 7-9 minutes. Be sure not to cook the mixture too long, as the sugar will caramelize and eclipse the strawberry flavor.
- Remove mixture from heat. Skim and discard the foam that’s accumulated on the surface. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature and strain to remove strawberry seeds. Discard the seeds.
- To the cooled mixture, add the moscato wine and stir to combine. Transfer the mixture to a measuring cup with a lip (this will make the pouches easier to fill). Open the ice pop pouches and carefully fill each pouch to the fill line. Do not fill beyond the fill line, as the mixture will expand some as it freezes. Seal and place in the freezer for 5-6 hours. Please note, due to the alcohol content these pops will not freeze hard.