- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts, sliced and rinsed well (2 cups)
- 12 Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced & shredded (1.5 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1½ cups farro
- 1 scallion, chopped
- lime slices, for serving
- Spread farro on baking sheet and roast in oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees until browned
- Remove from tray and soak in water overnight
- Cook like pasta in ample water for 30-40 minutes (or until seeds start to open)
- Add coconut oil to a small pan and heat for medium tempature. Cook shallots for 30 seconds or until browned and set aside.
- Add olive oil to pan and turn to medium heat. Add leeks and a pinch of salt and cook for 5 minutes (until soft)
- Stir in Brussels sprouts, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Fry eggs and set aside.
- Mix in garlic, ginger and rice vinegar. Then, add the farro and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Top with shallots, scallions and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place mixture on dish and create a small hole for the eggs to fit
- Top with sesame seeds and fresh limes