Inspired by The Crunchy Radish blog and fully loaded sweet potato recipe! Love her blog and recipes- made a few adjustments based on my taste:)
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloved garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked pinto beans rinced
- 2 tbsps tomato paste
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- lime crema (directions below)
- micro greens
- fresh lime juice
- Clean potatoes and pierce with knife and Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Long way to cook: Place potatoes on a parchment paper-lined sheet pan, and roast for 60-75 minutes or until you can easily pierce the skin with a knife and the inside is soft. Quick cooking hack: Place potatoes in a microwaveable container with a lid- adding water to the bottom to keep potatoes moist. Cook for 8 minutes in the microwave. Remove and cook in oven for 20-30 mins
- Allow to cool slightly before slicing and stuffing.
- While the potatoes cook, warm the coconut oil in a medium sized sauté pan or dutch oven. Add the onions and garlic and cook until caramelized, about 10 to 15 minutes. Add 1 tbsp water to the pan and scrape any brown bits stuck to the bottom in order to deglaze.
- Stir in salt/pepper and tomato paste and toast for 30 seconds. Add the bell pepper and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Once softened, stir in the beans, add a pinch of salt, and allow the flavors to meld together for 5 minutes.
- Slice each potato down the center, almost through to the bottom. Open to reveal the orange flesh.
- Spoon out the potatoes and mix with salt, pepper and 1/4 of the bean mixture. Refill the potatoes.
- Spoon remaining beans on top with selected garnishes.
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- juice of 1 lime
- water if needed
- Whisk together lime juice and yogurt. Add water, a tsp at a time to thin, if desired.